Sunday, September 11, 2011

nine eleven

Ten years ago, I was hanging out in my room when my dad called me up to the den to come look at something on the TV. He said something about planes, so I wasn't hurrying. When I got there though, I saw the first Twin Tower in smoke. Shortly after that, I watched the second plane hit and the towers come crashing to the ground. It's a day I can recall well because it was just so astounding.

I was twelve years old but I remember that feeling of helplessness. I remember how packed our church was the Sunday after that, and the national return to the Lord. This event certainly rocked our nation. In some ways, even I was changed by this. As a result, I joined millions of other Americans by questioning what would happen to me if I were to die suddenly. I wasn't a huge fan of the possible answer, and this was one of a chain of events that helped make my faith my own.

It's been ten years since 9/11/2001. It's a sad day in our nation's history; families are grieving, recalling their loved ones. I pray that on the memory of this day, people will draw nearer to God and come to know Him as a result of those tragic events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest